“Baked Parmesan Shrimp? What?”
Was the exact response I got from my boyfriend. They guy who moved here from Boston, you’d think he would of had something of this creation before. The verdict, definitely good & make again. I think next time, I’ll make it with jumbo shrimp. This was work.
See, look at all those little shrimpies I had to coat, over and over. Ugh. Next time, definitely bigger fishes.
I’m not going to lie, they turned out amazing here. One night we ate it over rice, the next we ate it over zucchini noodles with some red sauce. It was excellent both ways. I think even by itself would be enjoyable.
This one isn’t vegan though, I couldn’t exactly think of a good way to come up with a egg mixture to hold the bread crumbs. If you know of anything, please share.
Baked Shrimp Parmesan
- 1/2 lb shrimp (go jumbo)
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1/2 seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray oven pan.
- Make a bowl of the panko & breadcrumb mixture. (have more panko handy just in case you need more). Make small bowl of eggs scrambled together. Salt & Pepper everything.
- Dip the shrimp in the egg mixture, then bread crumb mixture. Repeat. Spray tops of shrimps.
- Bake about 15minutes, flip half way through. Serve over pineapple rice, or zoodles with red sauce & mozzarella. Whatever you heart desires.