I’m all about Bahn Mi sandwiches, salads, noodle bowls. I love all the flavors, sweet, spicy, tangy all in one. I’ve never truly have a Bahn Mi anywhere I go out because I’m afraid I ruined it by my creation of “bahn mi.” I feel like I’m kind of spot on with it..
The real MVP for this recipe is the tofu. Remember how I made sweet potatoes with a waffle maker? WHY NOT tofu? It was genius, it came out exactly the way I wanted it. & it was so much easier & quicker. Who has 20-40 minutes to wait around for an oven or pan trying to fry that? Not me.
It’s my new go-to method for cooking things quick now. I love it 🙂
This meal was definitely satisfying, especially after a 5 mile rollerblade ride. I’ve been loving the cardio. The problem is stopping, it just doesn’t work. Downhill? Forget it, i’m screwed. Luckily, I survived this time around & came home to make this delicious, filling meal.
Bahn Mi Noodle Bowl
- 1/4 block Tofu
- 1/4 cup Mushrooms
- Pickled Carrots & Onions
- 2oz soba noodles
- Mint, Cilantro, Basil
- 1/4 cup Hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup Sweet Chili Sauce
- Romaine Lettuce
Quick Pickled Carrots & Onions
- 1 Cup Shredded Carrots
- 1 Cup chopped Onions
- 1/2 Cup Rice seasoning (or vinegar)
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1/4 Cup water
- I suggest doing the quick pickled veggies first. Put all of the ingredients in a bowl and cover, let it sit at least for an hour OR over night
- Boil water in a sauce pan. Add soba noodles & cook for 4 minutes. Drain and run water over the noodles. Set aside.
- Preheat waffle maker. Cut tofu into squares & let it cook for about 5 minutes. I did this for experimental reasons you can definitely pan fry if you prefer. Medium-high heat, with some oil for about 10 minutes and flip once or twice. You can add mushrooms by this point.
- Add Hoisin & Sweet Asian chili sauce & mix around everywhere.
- Prepare your bowls the way you enjoy! Top with sesame, spicy mayo, sriracha, nuts, the list could be endless.
“Baked Parmesan Shrimp? What?”
Was the exact response I got from my boyfriend. They guy who moved here from Boston, you’d think he would of had something of this creation before. The verdict, definitely good & make again. I think next time, I’ll make it with jumbo shrimp. This was work.
See, look at all those little shrimpies I had to coat, over and over. Ugh. Next time, definitely bigger fishes.
I’m not going to lie, they turned out amazing here. One night we ate it over rice, the next we ate it over zucchini noodles with some red sauce. It was excellent both ways. I think even by itself would be enjoyable.
This one isn’t vegan though, I couldn’t exactly think of a good way to come up with a egg mixture to hold the bread crumbs. If you know of anything, please share.
Baked Shrimp Parmesan
- 1/2 lb shrimp (go jumbo)
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1/2 seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray oven pan.
- Make a bowl of the panko & breadcrumb mixture. (have more panko handy just in case you need more). Make small bowl of eggs scrambled together. Salt & Pepper everything.
- Dip the shrimp in the egg mixture, then bread crumb mixture. Repeat. Spray tops of shrimps.
- Bake about 15minutes, flip half way through. Serve over pineapple rice, or zoodles with red sauce & mozzarella. Whatever you heart desires.
There’s something I love about spicy noodle bowls. Especially when home made, so much flavor, so much deliciousness. My cat was definitely fooled when he saw me munching on this (he’s definitely a carnivore)
If you venture on cooking this, it is messy, it is time consuming -but it is delicious. The recipe might not be on point considering I made this over a month ago but. Let’s wing it. There’s also a peanut sauce I made to go on top of it but it didn’t look appetizing after those pictures..
- Gardein Meatless Crumbles
- 3 Spring Onions
- 2 inches Fresh Ginger
- 3-6 garlic cloves (your preference)
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
Peanut Thai Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1/4 pepper flakes
- 2-3 Tbsp Olive Oil
*Cook your choice of noodles if wanted
Assemble the meatballs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Take a pan out & cook Gardein crumbles over the stove or package directions until cooked.
- After meatless crumbles are cooled, throw all ingredients together & mix well.
- Form meatballs 1-2inches, place on cooking sheet. Let it bake for 30 minutes.
For the Peanut Thai Sauce
- Put everything in a blender and let it go until everything combined.
Assemble the bowl
Plate the noodles, then top with the meatballs, add in cilantro, fresh jalapenos, avocado, sesame seeds, whatever you desire! Pour delicious peanut sauce on top & enjoy
There’s seriously nothing more I enjoy more then this peanut lentil curry recipe. It makes me always feel so warm and happy inside. It’s overall healthy & served with brown rice it’s around 450 calories. Without rice I believe it’s around 360 I did on the nutrition calculator. It’s so colorful, fun & smells DELICIOUS!
It’s really quite simple, tons of veggies, lite coconut milk, simmer BAM!
I find there’s nothing more pleasant smelling then the aroma of sautéed onions & garlic. The second I get a whift of someone else cooking that I’m in love.
It’s so colorful… let’s just get started
- 4Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
- 2inch piece grated garlic
- 1Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1Tbsp Lime juice
- handful of cilantro
- 1Tbsp Sriracha
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup lite coconut milk
- ½ cup red lentils
- 1 ½ cup water
- 2 tsp oil
- ½ cup white onion
- ½ cup red bell pepper
- ¼ cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- half block cubed tofu
- Blend all the peanut sauce ingridents until smooth. Taste & see if it needs more spice or sweetness.
- Cook the lentils with a dash of salt under medium heat 10 minutes.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, add onions & cook until translucent
- Add peppers, carrots 2 minutes, add zucchini.
- Add peanut mixture & mix. Then add the lentils & cubed tofu in. Bring sauce to a boil then reduce hit & simmer for 10 minutes.
- Adjust taste & cook lentil under your preference, add pepper flakes, basil. Pair with jasmine or brown rice