Ever find frittatas are full of fatty components that you just LOVE? But when you’re trying to get abs you’re looking for a lot of food for a little bit of calories? I am! I made a flavorful health conscious frittata with a decent serving size. If you’re still hungry after first slice & you go for a second, you’re still under 300 calories.
Minutes to Prepare: 10
Minutes to Cook: 15
Number of Servings: 4
1 cup bell pepper, red, sweet, raw
1 cup, cubes Butternut Squash
1/4 Dairy-Free, Daiya, Mozzerella Style
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1.) Spray skillet with cooking spray over medium heat, toss in cut vegetables (how ever you prefer them in your frittata) & sauce for 5-7 minutes.
2.) In a bowl mix together egg whites & eggs, throw in the thyme, garlic, salt & pepper.
3.) In a 7 inch springform nonstick pan, spray with cooking spray, layer the veggies, top with daiya cheese & pour onto egg mixture. Spread it around a little to make sure it gets everywhere.
4.) cook approx. 15-20 minutes. Take out & let it cool
*I will usually top with cilantro, hot sauce & greek yogurt.
136 Calories per serving
9.4g of protein per serving
Breakfast Time… It’s really the best course. You can have it for lunch or dinner too. I feel like it’s an excuse to most people too eat dessert in the morning.
I’ve always seen this pin about “fruit tacos” on Pinterest. It’s like a cocoa pancake with fruit inside of it, but after reading tons of reviews, too much work for little effort. Therefore, me wanting something sweet & delicious – made whole wheat fruit waffles! (I love my waffle iron, did you know you can bake anything in there almost?) & if you don’t have a waffle iron, you should seriously invest in one.
After searching for some good recipes I stumbled upon a good base, made it my own tweaks to be vegan. & It ended up being DELICIOUS! I was afraid with whole wheat flour or without loads of chocolate chips it wasn’t going to turn out good, I was wrong. It’s amazing
Serves 3-4 Prep time 10 minutes Cooking time 4 minutes
Whole Wheat Fruit Waffles
- 2 Tbsp Chia Powder
- 6 Tbsp Water
- 1 3/4 Cup Almond milk (unsweetend)
- 1/4 Cup Coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1/2 Tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 Tsp Baking soda
- 1 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 1/2-1 Tbsp confectioners sugar
- Any fruit you desire
- Preheat waffle iron. Mix chia powder & water together and let it sit until it looks thick 1-2min.
- Mix chia mixture, almond milk, coconut oil (melted), honey, cinnamon, vanilla & baking soda, stir to combine.
- Add in flour, baking powder & salt. Mix until all the clumps are gone.
- Spray your waffle iron VERY GOOD with cooking spray, ladle on the mixture on waffle maker. Every waffle maker is different but 4 minutes worked perfectly
- Take waffle off, plate & top with confections sugar, all the fruit you heart desires, honey, agave, mint? Enjoy! 🙂