Breakfast Time… It’s really the best course. You can have it for lunch or dinner too. I feel like it’s an excuse to most people too eat dessert in the morning.
I’ve always seen this pin about “fruit tacos” on Pinterest. It’s like a cocoa pancake with fruit inside of it, but after reading tons of reviews, too much work for little effort. Therefore, me wanting something sweet & delicious – made whole wheat fruit waffles! (I love my waffle iron, did you know you can bake anything in there almost?) & if you don’t have a waffle iron, you should seriously invest in one.
After searching for some good recipes I stumbled upon a good base, made it my own tweaks to be vegan. & It ended up being DELICIOUS! I was afraid with whole wheat flour or without loads of chocolate chips it wasn’t going to turn out good, I was wrong. It’s amazing
Serves 3-4 Prep time 10 minutes Cooking time 4 minutes
Whole Wheat Fruit Waffles
- 2 Tbsp Chia Powder
- 6 Tbsp Water
- 1 3/4 Cup Almond milk (unsweetend)
- 1/4 Cup Coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1/2 Tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 Tsp Baking soda
- 1 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 1/2-1 Tbsp confectioners sugar
- Any fruit you desire
- Preheat waffle iron. Mix chia powder & water together and let it sit until it looks thick 1-2min.
- Mix chia mixture, almond milk, coconut oil (melted), honey, cinnamon, vanilla & baking soda, stir to combine.
- Add in flour, baking powder & salt. Mix until all the clumps are gone.
- Spray your waffle iron VERY GOOD with cooking spray, ladle on the mixture on waffle maker. Every waffle maker is different but 4 minutes worked perfectly
- Take waffle off, plate & top with confections sugar, all the fruit you heart desires, honey, agave, mint? Enjoy! 🙂