There’s seriously nothing more I enjoy more then this peanut lentil curry recipe. It makes me always feel so warm and happy inside. It’s overall healthy & served with brown rice it’s around 450 calories. Without rice I believe it’s around 360 I did on the nutrition calculator. It’s so colorful, fun & smells DELICIOUS!
It’s really quite simple, tons of veggies, lite coconut milk, simmer BAM!
I find there’s nothing more pleasant smelling then the aroma of sautéed onions & garlic. The second I get a whift of someone else cooking that I’m in love.
It’s so colorful… let’s just get started
- 4Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
- 2inch piece grated garlic
- 1Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1Tbsp Lime juice
- handful of cilantro
- 1Tbsp Sriracha
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup lite coconut milk
- ½ cup red lentils
- 1 ½ cup water
- 2 tsp oil
- ½ cup white onion
- ½ cup red bell pepper
- ¼ cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- half block cubed tofu
- Blend all the peanut sauce ingridents until smooth. Taste & see if it needs more spice or sweetness.
- Cook the lentils with a dash of salt under medium heat 10 minutes.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, add onions & cook until translucent
- Add peppers, carrots 2 minutes, add zucchini.
- Add peanut mixture & mix. Then add the lentils & cubed tofu in. Bring sauce to a boil then reduce hit & simmer for 10 minutes.
- Adjust taste & cook lentil under your preference, add pepper flakes, basil. Pair with jasmine or brown rice